BELLE MINSHALL, ND
I believe that the quality of our relationships determines the quality of our lives. Human connection has transformative power and it impacts all aspects of health. I am passionate about and committed to understanding human connection and how it impacts the well-being of my patients. Suffering is a part of what makes us human and I strive to support patients as they explore their individual suffering and empower them to address it with compassion, knowledge and practical tools.
My goal in practice is to continue the exploration of the human condition and support patients on their journey to cultivate wellness and vitality. When we give ourselves permission to lean into our pain, fears and joys, we allow for a deeper understanding of ourselves.
To be seen, to be heard and to feel understood is a transformative healing experience.
I have a special interest in understanding who the person is that I am working with and how their daily rituals, mental health, sexuality and intimacy contribute to their overall physical well-being and quality of life.
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Mental health
- Hands-on treatments including osteopathic, craniosacral and visceral manipulation
- Lifestyle, strength and weight management
- Diabetes prevention and management
- Parkinson’s Disease (PD)/Parkinsonism
- Acute and chronic pain management
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Sexuality and Sexual Health
- Preconception Health
- Intravenous Therapies
- Childbirth Educator Certification from Simkin Center for Allied Birth Vocations in 2013
- Doctor of Naturopathic medicine from Bastyr University in 2012
- Doula Training from Simkin Center for Allied Birth Vocations in 2011
- Licensed Massage Practitioner from Bellevue Massage School in 2010
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in psychology, minoring in biology from University of Missouri in 2005
- Ongoing Women's Health and Fertility Clinical Mentorship from Perfect Fertility
- Professional teaching staff - Department of Physical Medicine, Bastyr University
- Provider - Parkinson's Disease Summer School Program, taught strategies to improve the lives of individuals with Parkinson's Disease, Bastyr University
- Provider - Anderson Medical Specialty Associates. Clinical areas of focus included chronic disease, oncology and intravenous therapies
- Intravenous therapy program developer and Provider - Northwest Natural Health
- Resident, naturopathic medicine - Tolt River Family Medicine Clinic. Provided primary and urgent care family medicine including pediatrics in the Snoqualmie Valley
- Research Assistant, Integrative Medicine program at the University of Kansas Medical Center with Jeanne Drisko, MD in the first published research studies utilizing antioxidants with first-line chemotherapy treatments .
- Member of the Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians (WANP)
- Member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)
- Outside of practice Dr. Minshall is an avid urban and long-distance cyclist with a passion for sport, dancing, music, art and animals. Movement, connection and her family are her medicine.